A Strong Provincial Network of Community Economic Development Champions
Meet your 2018-2019: Board of Directors
What are members saying?: Testimonials
The Chamber Executives of Ontario (CEO) is the professional development association for the senior management staff, sales professionals, and events/marketing professionals of Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade in Ontario, Canada.
CEO is all about making good Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade staff even better!
You want to become a CEO member because it is the most relevant membership to:
- connect you with peers that understand your daily challenges and opportunities
- provide templates and samples that help you better serve and manage volunteer and staff resources
- recognize the innovative work you do and support the development of a professional network
- introduce you to the finest suppliers to the chamber industry for items such as membership software, online communications, insurance, merchant programs etc.
- keep you informed of the latest trends in the economy, energy, demographics, leadership, management and technology so that your chamber, business community and regional economy can be its very best.
Chamber professionals learn new techniques, share best practices and learn new ways of tackling challenges unique to chamber/board of trade management, through a variety of methods including:
- Two conferences each year – one in February and another in October/November;
- A biannual operations survey of staff compensations levels, market penetration and operational stats
- A LinkedIn Discussion Group
- @lorie_crisp twitter updates
Key topics of discussion at training and development sessions include:
- Human resource management;
- Sales techniques;
- Member benefits and member relations;
- Social media and other communication techniques;
- Media relations;
- Recruiting and managing volunteers;
- Non-dues revenue and fundraising;
- Policy development and government relations;
- Event management and ideas.
CEO also honours association management excellence, awarding the James G. Carnegie Memorial Award to an exemplary chamber executive who has taken the time to make the chamber network stronger by mentoring less experienced colleagues.
The Carnegie Award is presented at CEO’s Community Leadership Luncheon, which is held in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting and Convention of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce in May each year.
Membership in CEO is beneficial both for the individual chamber professional and for the success of the Chamber or Board of Trade.